Sunday, December 25, 2011

And for Christmas, I shall give them "Silver Shadow" quotes...

NOTE: Apparently you shouldn’t read this if you don’t like spoilers. These are separate quotes from separate scenes, and none of them have anything to do with each other.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

“Kyla started breathing heavier. Everything spun around her as she cried out loud, ‘Daddy, I need you!’ After letting that hang there for a few seconds, she realized she didn’t know who she was talking to. Either way, it didn’t matter. One of them was dead and the other had left her, so whatever way she looked at it, she was still completely alone.”

“‘Is she okay?’ Nathaniel asked him. ‘She's fine,’ Caleb said. ‘She's back at the flat.’ He shook his head and looked out over the ledge of the Watchtower. ‘You gotta stop leaving that girl on abnormally high structures, Nate.’”

“That was when Caleb began to see that Kyla had even less of an understanding of grace than Nathaniel did. Boy, did they make a pair... ‘Yeah, he’s angry,’ Caleb told her, ‘but he will get over it.’ Kyla sneered and turned away from him. ‘How could he ever get over that?’ she asked in disbelief. Caleb responded to her look with a knowing one of his own. ‘Because that’s what love does.’”

“Kyla’s eyes softened even though they were still closed, but in a pained sort of way. Nathaniel continued to look at her as he held her hand, even though she was still too afraid to look at him. ‘This is my vow to you, Kyla James,’ he told her, ‘that I will keep you and protect you and love you for as long as love exists.’”

“Where was Nathaniel in all of this?” Caleb asked her. “He was still back with Donovan,” Kyla told him. “I didn’t know what had happened to him, though. He made Caden drag me away.” That surprised Caleb a little. “The boy was bleeding to death and he still dragged you out of there?” he asked her. Kyla cringed again, knowing there was so much more to it than that. “Donovan had a knife to him and Caden told him he wasn’t afraid to die for me,” she said. “Him dragging me away from there was really the least of his heroics.” “Well damn,” Caleb said, “I would have kissed him, too.”

“I am giving you my heart, Kyla,” he said. “And it is still my heart, no matter what title you choose to put on it. There is no halfway for me. There is no ending point at which I stop loving you. I am in this forever. I have chosen to lay down every guard I have, effectively giving you the power to break me.” She looked up at him slowly, her mind unable to grasp the truth in his words. “Why?” she asked him. Nathaniel touched her face. “Because even knowing this,” he said, “I can’t pull me back from you. You already own me, and whether or not I ever have you as mine, that is never going to change.”

“‘You’re going after him, aren’t you?’ Nathaniel said. Kyla cringed and told him, ‘I have to. I’m really scared he might do something stupid.’ Nathaniel snapped at her a little too quickly, “Yeah, like confess to being in love with you and kiss you while he’s pinning you to the ground?’ Kyla gave him a look. ‘Not even,’ she said. ‘I’ll be lucky if he doesn’t take a steak knife and try to slit my throat.’

“She walked over to where Val was trying to right herself and stepped on her neck to force her back down. Val looked scared. That wasn’t something Kyla was used to seeing in her. ‘If you ever come near him again,’ Kyla threatened her, ‘I will kill you and make it look like an accident.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment